COMMON ERRORS IN ENGLISH 1

Read the following and choose the correct sentence:

1. a) I shall ring him tomorrow in the afternoon

b) I shall ring up him tomorrow in the afternoon.

2. a) I enjoyed during my stay in England.

b) I enjoyed myself stay in England

3. a)The clothes were neatly hanged

b) The clothes were neatly hung

4. a) The Major along with his soldiers was killed in the field.

b) The Major along with his soldiers were killed in the field.

5. a) The firm show had began when we arrived in the hall.

b) The firm show began when we arrived in the hall.

6. a) I believe that respect is more preferable to money.

b) I believe that respect is more preferable than money.

7. a) I never have visited nor intend to visit.

b) I never have visited or intend to visit.

8. a) In this way nuclear fission or the splitting of the atom have been achieved.

b) In this way nuclear fission or the splitting of the atom has been achieved.

9. a) Modern film techniques are far superior to those employed in the past

b) Modern film techniques are far superior than those employed in the past.

10. a) No sooner had the news appeared in the paper than there was a rush in the counter.

b) No sooner the news appeared in the paper than there was a rush in the counter.

2 comments:

madhu latha said...

pls provide ans for these

maddy said...

pls provide answers for these